Attached two previous assignments to work on
Assignment 2: RA: Annotated Bibliography
In your final paper for this course, you will need to write a Methods section that is about 34 pages long where you will assess and evaluate the methods and analysis of your proposed research.
In preparation for this particular section, answer the following questions thoroughly and provide justification/support. The more complete and detailed your answers for these questions, the better prepared you are to successfully write your final paper:
- What is the problem being addressed by your research study?
- State the refined research question and hypothesis (null and alternative).
- What are your independent and dependent variables? What are their operational definitions?
- Who will be included in your sample (i.e., inclusion and exclusion characteristics)?
- How many participants will you have in your sample?
- How will you recruit your sample?
- Identify the type of measurement instrument to be used to collect the raw numeric data to be statistically analyzed and the type of measurement data the instrument produces.
- What issues will you cover in the informed consent?
- If there is potential risk or harm, how will you ensure the safety of all participants?
- Name any possible threats to validity and steps that can be taken to minimize these threats.
- What type of parametric or nonparametric inferential statistical process (correlation, difference, or effect) will you use in your proposed research? Why is this statistical test the best fit?
- State an acceptable behavioral research alpha level you would use to fail to accept or fail to reject the stated null hypothesis and explain your choice.
This paper may be written in question-and-answer format rather than a flowing paper. Write your response in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
- By the due date assigned, save your document as M4_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit it to the Submissions Area .
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
|Stated the problem being addressed.
|Stated the refined research question and hypothesis (null and alternative).
|Stated the independent and dependent variables and provided the operational definitions.
|Discussed sample characteristics and size.
|Discussed a sample recruitment strategy.
|Identified the type of measurement instrument to be used and the type of measurement data the instrument produces.
|Discussed the informed consent and potential risk and protection factors.
|Named the possible threats to validity and steps that can be taken to minimize these threats.
|Discussed the type of parametric or nonparametric inferential statistical process that will be used and why it is a best fit.
|Stated an acceptable behavioral research alpha level for analyzing the data.
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.