1. Name and describe TWO research tools used in secondary research.
2. Name and describe TWO research methods for conducting primary research.
3. What are the features of a coherent paragraph?
4. What is parallel structure in a sentence? Give an example.
5. Explain ONE of the following organizational patterns:
a. Classification and partition
6. Why is it important to consider your audience’s broader goals when writing an argument/persuasive piece? Give an example.
7. What four kinds of evidence do people generally respond to in a favorable way?
8. Why is it important to consider opposing viewpoints when writing an argument/persuasive piece? Give an example
9. Define ONE logical fallacy and given an example of your own invention or from popular media.
10. “Usability” refers to what five factors related to a person’s use of an item (document)?
11. Explain the difference between “revising,” “editing,” and “proofreading.”
12. Explain and give an example of “etymology” as a type of extended definition.
13. Explain and give an example of “principle of operation” as a type of extended definition.
14. What is a “usability analysis” and who is involved?