PS450 Industrial Organizational Psychology
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double ‐ spaced pages; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page for specific format requirements.
1. Briefly describe the Hawthorne studies and explain their results.
2. Describe how these results are reflected in contemporary practice and work environment, providing two (2) examples.
1. Compare and contrast experimental and correlational methods, providing one (1) similarity and one (1) difference.
2. Provide two (2) examples of studies that use experimental methods and two (2) examples of studies that use correlational methods.
1. Compare and contrast two (2) methods of job analysis, providing one (1) similarity and one (1) difference.
2. Which of the two (2) methods you described is more efficient and when? Provide two (2) supporting facts to justify your position.
Discuss the use of subjective personal opinions in making hiring decisions. Describe two (2) reasons that support using subjective personal opinions and two (2) reasons against such use.